When you use our platform, you’re entrusting us with your information. We understand this is a huge responsibility and that’s why we work double-hard to protect your information and put you in control.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
At TheGame.Ng, we collect personally identifiable information (“PII”) and non-personally identifiable (“Non-PII”) information from you. Personally, identifiable information is information that can be used to identify you personally. Non-personally identifiable information is information that must be combined with other information to identify you personally.
- PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION COLLECTED
You will not be required to provide us any information when you visit our Platform. However, in order to fully use our Platform, we may collect PII such as your name, address, email, and telephone number. Additionally, if you wish to fund your wallet or withdraw funds we must collect your payment information which is stored and secured by our third-party payment processing service, Paystack. Paystack’s systems and processes are in line with international best practices. Paystack ensures fraud prevention and security compliance standards.
- NON-IDENTIFYING INFORMATION (OR DEVICE INFORMATION)
Sometimes, when you use our platform, we may collect non-identifying information from you, such as your IP address, location, age, gender, browsing history, search history, and registration history, interactions with the website, location, referring URL, browser, operating system, data usage, data transferred, and Internet Service Provider. We may also collect information including but not limited to postings you make on the public areas of our website, messages you send to us, and correspondence we receive from other members or third parties about your activities or postings. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site--you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We collect Non-Identifying/ Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
HOW WE USE COLLECTED INFORMATION
TheGame.Ng will never sell or release your information to third parties (except as stated in clause f, below); however, you agree that we may use your information in the following ways:
a.) To provide services to you and to operate the TheGame Platform
b.) To enhance or improve users’ experience.
c.) To contact you via email, text, or electronic communications regarding or related to the TheGame
d.) To share with other users, where necessary (e.g. to showcase those players on the leaderboard).
e.) To process your transactions.
ACCESSING, EDITING, AND DELETING YOUR INFORMATION
You will be able to access any information contained in your account through our Platform. You may edit that information by removing or changing the information listed in your account. If you have any questions or wish to review, change, or access any of your information collected by us, please contact us at email@example.com.
Additionally, if you wish to opt out of our data collection practices or would like us to remove any of your information, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org. After you have cancelled your account, please be aware that we may keep inaccessible copies of your information subject to our data retention policies.
1. A cookie is a small file, which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a site.
2. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
3. The operator uses traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not.
4. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
5. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. However, this may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
THIRD PARTY ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION
1. We may disclose personal information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to respond to court orders or other legal processes.
2. We may disclose personal information to law enforcement authorities, The National Lottery Regulation Commission and other regulatory bodies, in the good faith that such disclosure is reasonably necessary in the regular course of our operations.
3. We may share your personal information with other corporate entities and our affiliates to help detect and prevent identity theft, fraud and other potentially illegal acts.
4. We reserve the right to share your personal information with our trusted business partners, including third party analytics and social plugin providers (such as Google, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn) in the regular course of business. Our trusted business partners process your information in line with their own privacy practices. However, note that the third parties referred to cannot access your personal information or any information that is traceable to a player.
5. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties.
SECURITY MEASURES WE PUT IN PLACE
We make reasonable attempts to protect your information by using physical and electronic safeguards. For this reason, we use SSL certificates, PCI/DSS compliant hosting, and vulnerability scanning to enhance our Platform security. However, as this is the Internet, we can make no guarantees as to the security or privacy of your information. For this reason, we recommend that you use anti-virus software, routine credit checks, firewalls, and other precautions to protect yourself from security and privacy threats.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below:
Princess Haven, 5th Avenue, Banana Island, Ikoyi, 234031, Nigeria